The incumbent is expected to drive and take ownership of all contractual and commercial matters related to the end-to-end capex/ project lifecycle, including but not limited to the following: -
• Lead and drive an effective end-to-end cost management and control of the construction and soft cost related to the development of new and renovation of existing stores Regional CAPEX for FA/ WFJ division in Asia Pacific.
• Work closely with Retail Store Design/ Project team to develop a legitimate CAPEX budget for CER approval including advise on cost benchmarking/ local market rates.
• Execute capex monitoring, analytics and reporting framework on expenditure & budget/ cashflow forecasting.
• Manage and advise on any contractual terms and matters including claims and disputes related to CAPEX.
• Work closely with Project/ Legal/ Insurance team to develop and roll out a standard Capex Construction Contract/ Agreement to local markets at Asia Pacific Region.
• Work closely with Project/ Legal/ Insurance team to advise and support on any insurance claims and/ or legal proceedings.
• Work closely with Project/ IP team to develop procurement strategy/ methodology for projects; to identify opportunities for volume discounts or other savings; to identity and pre-qualify any new vendors (ie vendor pool expansion).
• Participate tender interview, facilitate negotiation on contract terms with vendors if any.
• Work together with Design/ Project team to develop and advise on cost saving initiatives throughout the entire end-to-end project lifecycle to ensure the project to be delivered within budget.
• Oversee and manage the deliverables from external QS vendors in relations to both pre and post contract administration scope including post completion cost analysis; to ensure their services be delivered in comply with CHANEL expectation, in a timely manner and best practice.
• Work together with Project team/ external QS vendors to develop and maintain Asia Pacific construction cost databank for completed CAPEX.
• Advise on end of lease reinstatement provisioning/ expense and depreciation.
• Collaborate and build a bridge for gap filling between internal stakeholders and with external QS vendors to ensure a smooth end-to-end cost management process.
• Maintain and execute regional guidelines and process of cost management in CHANEL APAC to promote best practice culture.
• At least 12 years' relevant experience in quantity surveying, pre and post contract administration experience focusing on luxury retail / hospitality industry
• Solid experience in managing international projects/ vendors
• Consultancy and/or Client experience background is preferred
• Proven track record on stakeholders’ management
• Able to work independently; being agile and positive for new challenges/ ways of working
• Pro-active with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Effective in identifying optimization options and balancing trade-offs
• Strong hands-on management and execution excellence
• Demonstrated project/cost management skills
• Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of and ability to adopt new process for continuous improvement
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Strong client/ customer service-oriented mindset
• Sound knowledge of IT tools and skills
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
• Degree holder in Quantity Surveying or equivalent related discipline
• Professional Qualification in Quantity Surveying gained from recognized professional institutes such as MRICS, MHKIS
Key Interactions / Stakeholders: Please list out all the internal and external interactions that this job holder has to manage in order to fulfill the job purpose.
• Divisional teams/ Corp team
• Regional Legal, Insurance
• Regional Internal Audit team
• Regional Indirect Procurement and Retail Store Design and Development team
• Regional Finance team
• Local market team (Finance, legal, project team etc.)
• General Contractors/ Suppliers
• External QS Vendors
• ESG Audit Vendor
• Mechanical Electrical Consultants/ Architecture etc..
• External Auditors
Respected and enthusiastic leader: Draws others into enthusiastic commitment to the collective effort. Has a direction, energy, and passion. Shapes the environment to foster a drive toward business partnership, learning, achievement, and teamwork. Models behavior.
• Displays integrity and build trust
• Emotionally stable
• Self-aware and assertive
• Optimistic and perseveres
• Living in culture diversity
Broad/strategic thinker & Influencer: Identifies the implications of macro trends for the business. Can identify potential problems and opportunities both in the short and long term. Is able to identify critical concerns and prioritize
Can strongly influence, coach and partner with leaders, ability to drive the collective execution of strategy.
• Anticipates disruptions
• Seeks continual learning and is open-minded & agile
• Focuses on shaping the future collectively
• Unleashes innovation & empowers people
• Sense of purpose
• Looks inside and out for perspective and partnerships
• Navigates ambiguity and complexity
Developer of people: Inspires others to exceed expectations, Sets high standards. Sets challenging & complex yet attainable goals. Takes calculated risks.
• Strong communicator
• Persuasive and engaging
• Genuinely interested in developing others
• Works cooperatively & collaboratively with peers, management, subordinates transversally
• Seeks personal improvement and adapts behavior to feedback and experience
• Empowers others through creating conditions for continual growth
Leveraging Innovation: Being at the forefront in nurturing the brand and managing our businesses
• A thought leader by leveraging the vision and challenging the status quo
• Demonstrates open mindedness, curiosity and intuition
• Creates solutions for awareness, inspiration and learning
• Generates and stimulates creative ideas, solutions and opportunities
• Creates value by seeking out new ways to apply innovative ideas
At Chanel, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience and potential you could bring to CHANEL